Mon, May 02|
Webinar: National Days of Teaching Truth Monday, May 2, 7:30 ET
Time & Location
May 02, 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM
About the Event
Webinar: National Days of Teaching Truth
Monday, May 2, 7:30 ET
Join Uniting to Save Our Schools (USOS) for a free webinar on Monday, May 2 at 7:30 p.m. ET to launch the National Days of Teaching Truth (NDTT).
We are working in solidarity with other progressive groups to organize the National Days of Teaching Truth as collective resistance to:
· Censoring and banning of books that reflect diverse perspectives of life in the US
· Banning the truth about US history including racism, sexism, economic oppression
· Silencing of teachers’ and students’ voices, identities and lived experiences
· Encouraging educators and students to betray educators who dare to teach truth
· Tip lines for parents and community members to report educators that teach truth
· Instituting legislation and policies that mandate what can and cannot be taught in classrooms
· ‘Don’t say gay’ and educational gag orders that silence LGBTQI+ students
· And the many other attacks on public education in a democratic society
The webinar will feature a panel of activists who will analyze the problems this censorship creates for teachers, students, and our society. They will discuss strategies to stop these assaults.
Want even more information?
· View our web site at https://www.unitingtosaveourschools.org/about-3
· Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/UnitingtoSaveOurSchools
· Endorse the National Days of Teaching Truth at https://www.unitingtosaveourschools.org/contact-8